OpenText Enterprise World 2018 to Showcase the Intelligent and Connected Enterprise
Waterloo – OpenText announced that Malcolm Gladwell, author of five New York Times bestsellers and Billy Beane, legendary baseball executive will be keynote speakers at OpenText Enterprise World 2018. These world-class speakers join Mark J. Barrenechea, Vice Chair, CEO and CTO, OpenText on the Enterprise World stage, where he will address the future of technology, and the intelligent and connected enterprise.
“The future of business is radically changing and the nexus of forces are epic: digital, cloud, AI, IOT, security, millennial workforce and consumers, quantum computing and more. Businesses need to transform legacy platforms to digital platforms in order to compete and win the future,” said Barrenechea. “Enterprise World 2018 is the world’s leading Digital and Enterprise Information Management forum, and an incredible opportunity for our customers and partners to hear first-hand how OpenText’s purpose and promise is inspiring new ways to work and engaging both humans and machines in the digital experience.”
Barrenechea will open Enterprise World 2018, and be joined on the first day by award-winning author Malcolm Gladwell, who brings his unsurpassed ability to be both entertaining and challenging to the Enterprise World stage. Gladwell is a much sought-after speaker, who took the business world by storm with his books The Tipping Point, Blink, Outliers, What the Dog Saw, and David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits and the Art of Battling Giants.
Day two of the Enterprise World program features Billy Beane, one of the most progressive and talented baseball executives in the game today. Beane is credited with molding the Oakland Athletics into one of baseball’s most consistent winners by implementing a statistical methodology that has come to be known as the “Moneyball” philosophy. His compelling story was told in the best-selling novel and Oscar nominated film – Moneyball.
“Malcolm Gladwell is one of the most influential and revolutionary thinkers in the world of business, inspiring Enterprise World delegates to think differently about business strategy and outcomes. And Billy Beane will show that data and information are the most valuable assets for any organization that strives to be the best. Alongside the OpenText content delivered at Enterprise World, we will showcase how organizations can use information and technology to define the future of digital,” said Barrenechea.
With over 90 industry experts delivering more than 200 breakout sessions, Enterprise World will provide both inspiration and professional development over the course of the three-day program.
• Insight from top OpenText executives: Muhi Majzoub, EVP, Engineering, and Patricia Nagle, SVP, CMO, will offer insight on OpenText’s progress against its roadmap and provide their take on the evolving world of business, AI, and automation.
• Industry-relevant sessions: The Enterprise World program features 10 tracks covering the wide range of EIM and Industry solutions. Each session is aligned by focus – Business or Technical – ensuring that attendees can garner actionable insight.
• The OpenText Women in Technology Summit - July 12: The summit brings together prominent leaders for an important conversation about increasing, promoting and supporting women in technology to create an inclusive business environment. The day-long event will feature inspiring keynote speakers, including Megan Smith, Third Chief Technology Officer of the United States (2014–2017), CEO of Blendoor Stephanie Lampkin and Jodi Kovitz, CEO and Founder of #MoveTheDial. The summit will also feature interactive panel sessions and multiple networking opportunities.
• Developer and Innovation Labs: The popular innovation and developer labs are returning to Enterprise World this year, where attendees can interact with the technologies that will help drive customer experience and enterprise automation. Attendees can see first-hand how cutting-edge low-code applications can transform their business.
• Training course and workshops: Attendees can maximize their investments in OpenText solutions with informative and engaging training sessions on best-practices on use, implementation and administration.
• Enterprise Expo: The exhibition hall at Enterprise World will feature in-depth information and resources from across OpenText’s pillars, as well as representatives from 20+ OpenText partners.
OpenText Enterprise World takes place July 10-12, 2018 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto, Ontario.