Chamber Partners with International Trade Council to Help Local Companies Go Global
The Guelph Chamber of Commerce, in cooperation with the International Trade Council, is excited to announce the 2018 Trade Mission to the United Arab Emirates. The United Arab Emirates is located in the heart of the crossroads of the trade routes of East and West, Europe and Asia. The UAE is Canada’s 20th largest destination for exports worldwide, and its largest export destination in the Middle East.
“Given Guelph’s place as a jobs powerhouse and leading destination of its size for foreign direct investment, it’s important that we continue to deliver on our commitment to provide further global opportunities for our local business community,” says Kithio Mwanzia, President & CEO of the Guelph Chamber of Commerce. “We believe that this delegation will include organizations that are actively involved and are eager to go global – seeking valuable global opportunities and synergies that will help their organizations reach the next level.”
The Trade Mission will take place over a period of 5 days starting on November 10, 2018 and provides participants with the opportunity to:
• Meet Government and Chamber officials from the United Arab Emirates.
• Meet face-to-face with United Arab Emirates-based C-Level executives.
• Participate in panel discussions and business round-tables aimed at providing information on the marketplace and answering any questions that you may have.
• Receive up-to-date market intelligence.
• Showcase goods and/or services.
• Participate in networking opportunities with the local business community.
“In 2016 the United Arab Emirates imported $352 billion Canadian Dollars’ worth of goods. It is incumbent upon us to work with leading companies in Guelph to seize this important opportunity,” concludes Mwanzia.