____ Posted Tuesday January 23, 2018 ____
Share

____________________
Mental Health Services

Carizon Celebrates A Year of Providing Walk-In Counselling Services

In January of 2017, Carizon Family and Community Services was pleased to announce the launch of a new Walk-in Counselling Service for the residents of Waterloo Region. This move was designed to improve access to mental health services and complement counselling services delivered throughout the Region. Research has demonstrated better results when individuals receive help immediately according to local university researchers.

Walk-in counselling for all ages is currently available:

• Tuesdays, 12 -6 pm at Carizon, 400 Queen Street South, Kitchener

• Thursdays, 12 – 6 p.m. at KW Counselling Services, 480 Charles St. E., Kitchener

• Thursdays, 1 pm until all appointments are full at FCC of Cambridge and North Dumfries, 18 Walnut Street, Cambridge

Through a single counselling session, experienced counsellors help identify issues and equip individuals with tools and strategies to address their concerns. This service operates on a sliding fee scale and no one is turned away due to financial challenges.

In its inaugural year, Carizon held 707 walk-in sessions, supporting 434 clients. 89% of clients reported that their needs were met “very well” and the remaining 11% of clients reported that their needs were met “somewhat well.”

“The response we are hearing from clients is truly validating and we’ve been excited by what they have to tell us,” says Director of Clinical Counselling, Shannon Nicholson. “Comments like, ‘Excellent service… brought needed hope and light to my situation…never expected so much out of a single session…’ tell us that we are achieving positive outcomes by delivering this walk-in service.”

“We are so pleased to be partnering with this community’s counselling collaborative,” says Carizon CEO Tracy Elop, “working jointly to coordinate our services, remove barriers and increase access so people get the help when it is most needed.

In honour of our one year anniversary and to celebrate Bell Let’s Talk Day, Carizon will be serving coffee, tea and light snacks and pastries at Walk-in on Tuesday, January 30th.




_____________________________________

______________________________________


______________________________________

______________________________________

Do you like the concept of exchangemagazine.com? Help us grow our article development program with our voluntary pay subscription program. Your contribution is valued. In this new digital realm of world wide stories local journalism stories needs a boost and you can help. Thanks in advance.


MARKET EXCHANGES

 

Subscription Options

Content published on this site represents the opinion of the individual/organization and/or source provider and/or content provider. ExchangeMagazine.com is non-partisan, online business journal serving Southern Ontario, Canada. Privacy Policy. Copyright of Exchange Magazine content is the copyright of Exchange Business Communications Inc. 2017. Additional editorials, comments and releases are copyright of respective source(s) and/or independent columnist, enterprises, research institutes, or educational, trade and economical focused organizations.