CALL FOR NOMINATIONS for the 13th Annual Volunteer Impact Awards 2018
Nominations are now been accepted to recognize an individual, youth, neighbour, organization, program partner or group in one of the 11 separate award categories. As part of National Volunteer Week, The Volunteer Action Centre honours contributions of extraordinary individuals, organizations, and businesses who are making a difference in Waterloo Region. An online nomination form is available on www.volunteerkw.ca
Volunteer Impact Awards Gala Dinner is on Thursday, April 19, 2018 for award presentations.
The Waterloo Region Museum, Homer Watson Blvd., Kitchener.
INDIVIDUAL INVOLVEMENT Categories recognize volunteers of all ages who significantly contribute to improving our community.
• Caring or Program Award: for a volunteer in a direct service role such as visiting, driving, serving meals or recreation.
• Outstanding Youth Award: for a high school or post-secondary student who exemplifies positive youth engagement and has made an outstanding contribution through their volunteering.
• Mentorship Award: for a teacher, mentor or school that has made a significant impact to youth volunteering.
• Organization Support Award: for a volunteer in a support role such as reception, office, library support or research focused.
• Special Event Award: for a volunteer in a special event role
GROUP INVOLVEMENT Categories recognize corporate or business groups, committees or boards that demonstrates a valuable investment in community.
• Volunteer Group Engagement Award: for a group or team of 3 or more participants that provide valued support to a community organization.
• Board or Committee Award: awarded to a board or committee whose participants that provided valued leadership for their community organization.
GRASSROOTS INVOLVEMENT Categories recognize individuals who have made a significant contribution to their community, cultural group or neighbourhood.
• Good Neighbour Award: for an individual who has gone out of their way to be a good neighbour—welcoming those new to the community, supporting older adults to stay in their homes.
• Multicultural Award: for an individual or team who is working with a grassroots or cultural group to create a welcoming community for newcomers and assist them to get settled in our Region.
LEADERSHIP Categories recognize a board member and volunteer manager who exemplifies inspirational leadership and initiative.
• Outstanding Leadership Award: for a board member or leadership volunteer who has supported community through organization leadership.
• Volunteer Manager Award: for a paid or unpaid manager of volunteers who enthusiastically leads to create a volunteer-friendly community.