Change the Ratio Waterloo Region - Moving from Talk toWalk; March 8 Int'l Women's Day
Change The Ratio Waterloo Region is back again for the third year in a row! Join us in celebrating International Women's Day with our free event featuring short informative talks from a wide array of speakers.
Explore practical ways we can actively work towards intersectional gender equality - as individuals, in our communities, and in our region.
• Samantha Estoesta Williams - Community Organizer & Diversity Advocate
• Erica Lee Garcia - Engineers of Tomorrow, Engineers Without Borders Canada
• Jane Grey Mitchell - Regional Councillor, Region of Waterloo
• Dr. Shohini Ghose - Professor, Physics and Computer Science & Director, Centre for Women in Science (WinS) at Wilfrid Laurier University; Vice-President Elect, Canadian Association of Physicists
• Nikita Larter - Advocate for Indigenous Youth
• Violet Umanetz - Sanguen Health Centre & The Community Health Van
• TK Pritchard - Male Allies Program Educator with the Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region
We will be sharing follow-up material based on the speakers' talks with attendees to facilate further engagement and inspiration!
Held in the theatre at Kitchener Public Library - Central Branch, Doors open for registration, conversation, & snacks at 5:45 PM, Speakers start promptly at 6:30 PM
There will be one brief break
After-party begins at 8:45 PM at TWH Social (2 1/2 blocks away from KPL Central, straight down Queen St.)