An agency dedicated to mental health and wellness, Carizon knows that February can be a tough month for succumbing to the winter blahs. The Carizon team also recognizes the value of self-care in achieving wellness. So, last year during the month of February, Carizon dedicated the month of February to promoting self-care to their employees and the community to help counter the winter blahs.
“Last year, we heard from the community a resounding ‘yes, we love the idea of promoting self-care,’” says Julie Newman, Director of Talent Management at Carizon. “So, we’re doing it again this year.”
As part of promoting self-care during the month of February, Carizon also designated a day in the middle of the month as “Me Day.” The people of Waterloo Region were invited and workplaces were challenged to engage in at least one self-care activity on Me Day and share it using the hashtag #MEDayWR.
“We were pleased by the number of people and workplaces that took us up on our challenge,” says Tracy Elop, Carizon CEO (photo). “And we hope that even more will join the movement on this year’s Me Day, February 20th.”
Why participate in Me Day on February 20th?
• To promote self-care and rid ourselves of guilty feelings when we put our self-care needs first
• To learn to measure success by finding the joy in living rather than by how busy we are
• To find a balance of activities that contribute to personal wellness – physical, social, emotional financial
• To have fun and recognize the health benefits of a good belly laugh
• To feel better and increase energy levels
• To set an example for other by demonstrating the value of self-care.