Experience what it’s like to be an Arts student at “Think Arts at Laurier” event
WATERLOO Wilfrid Laurier University’s Waterloo campus is hosting a "Think Arts at Laurier" day Saturday, May 7, that will familiarize prospective students with the Faculty of Arts through a series of mini lectures, information sessions, a student panel and a “meet and greet” with professors.
“Laurier’s Faculty of Arts is the largest and most diverse faculty at the university,” said Dean Mike Carroll. “Think Arts at Laurier day will allow students who have applied to our faculty to meet some of the professors and students who make the Arts experience here so exhilarating.”
The Think Arts at Laurier day is open to all students who applied to one of the university’s Arts programs at the Waterloo campus. Lunch will be provided and free transportation to Laurier’s Waterloo campus is available from Yorkdale, Toronto and Square One, Mississauga.
Highlights of the day include:
• Getting a taste of academic life by listening to a mini-lecture
• Learning how to customize your degree to match all of your interests
• Discovering the many ways you can internationalize your education
• Hearing students share what they value most about their Arts degree
• Meeting your future Arts classmates
• Familiarizing yourself with Laurier’s Waterloo campus and residence buildings
• The chance to speak directly with key departments such as admissions and student awards
• A free barbecue lunch
• Getting your picture taken with the Laurier Golden Hawk!
Carroll will also be present throughout the day and looks forward to speaking with students.
“Let me know what you're thinking about Laurier, about life or about whatever in the world it is that captures your imagination,” he said.
To register for Think Arts at Laurier, and to reserve a spot on one of the buses (which will be filled on a on a first-come, first-served basis) visit: www.wlu.ca/page.php?grp_id=65&p=18868.