TORONTO - Popularity also comes and goes so using a index which tracks bookings by Canadians have uncovered which international cities made the travel 'It' list this year.
- Canadians visit the U.S. more often than any other country because it is so close. This particular coastal city is the setting for the popular book trilogy, Fifty Shades of Grey, but is also known for its impressive musical history that includes both the Jazz and Grunge genres.
- The Brits have always appealed to Canadians and we continue to cross the pond to experience life English-style. This 'proper' city just breathes cool.
- Laid back and trendy, this city boasts top-notch cuisine and high-end fashion. Only here can people indulge in rich food and still fit into designer clothes. Maybe it's this aspirational lifestyle which keeps drawing us back?
- This resilient city has certainly rebounded from the devastation of the 2011 tsunami. Canadians flock to this innovative hotspot to see cool trends, try new and interesting food and experience a fascinating culture with exceptionally polite people.
- It's one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, so it should be no surprise that Canadians are joining this trend. From temples to street vendors - which there are an estimated 100,000 - this is a busy city that appeals to the masses.
- It's full of beautiful churches, buildings and museums and if you're a fan of Michelangelo, it's definitely the place to be.
- This city houses many historic war landmarks, but if you're more into art than history, you'll appreciate the ever-present graffiti lining the city walls.
- Everything's bigger in this state and Houston is no exception. Popular for its steak, rodeo and football, this city may sound like a man's dream but it certainly doesn't exclude the ladies with great dining and shopping.
- Luxury reaches new heights in this destination. With sun, sand, shopping and impressive buildings there is more to the 'city of gold' than many realize. Visitors can also experience Arabic culture and experience the desert first-hand at a dune dinner.
- You gotta love Spanish time. A siesta and all night dancing may not be for everyone, but for a vacationer - it's perfect. Relax, unwind and maybe even enjoy a little footie (football) in this social city.
Whether you're planning a trip during or after the holidays, these exciting spots are sure to please. You can also find hotel deals in these cities by adding them to your wish list in the Deals for You Facebook app. If you ever wanted to be 'on trend', now is the time to visit these fast-rising stars.