Individuals and Corporations celebrated at Game Changer Awards
OTTAWA The Canadian Solar Industries Association celebrated its leaders and innovators with an edgy gala during Solar Canada 2012 the Game Changer Awards.
“We wanted to recognize the excellence of individuals and companies who stand above and rise to the challenge of our industry,” said John Gorman, CanSIA President. “The Game Changer Awards Gala was a vibrant and edgy show celebrating accomplishments and offering a markedly new celebration timed with the association’s 20th anniversary.”
Four individuals were recognized for their accomplishments.
· Industry Leader Martin Pochtaruk, Heliene Inc
· Solar Pioneer Dave Egles, HES Home Energy Solutions
· Emerging Leader - Kati Sidwall, SolPowered Energy Corporation
· President’s Award Sarah Simmons, Sussex Strategy Group
Corporations, both within and outside the industry were also honoured.
· Solar Adopter Landmark Group of Builders Inc.
· Solar Innovator Grasshopper Solar Corporation
· Service Excellence Local Content Assurance Bureau
· Solar Thermal Project of the Year South Shore Regional School Board, WHW Architects
· Solar PV Project of the Year Riverdale Management Ltd.
· Developer of the Year PowerStream Inc.
· EPC of the Year RESCo Energy Inc.
· Distributor of the Year Conergy
The Canadian Solar Industries Association is a national trade association that represents more than 650 solar energy companies throughout Canada. Since 1992, CanSIA has worked to develop a strong, efficient, ethical and professional Canadian solar energy industry with capacity to provide innovative solar energy solutions and to play a major role in the global transition to a sustainable, clean-energy future.