Manulife Financial LPGA Classic Announces BlackBerry as Presenting Partner
Waterloo - The Manulife Financial LPGA Classic announced that BlackBerry® will be the Presenting Partner of the tournament scheduled for July 8-14, 2013. This relationship will also lead to the development of the BlackBerry Community Program, an exciting collaboration celebrating the Region that both Manulife Financial and BlackBerry call home. The program will offer special opportunities for the entire community to get involved with the world-class LPGA event.
"Community engagement is critical to the success of the tournament," said Nicole Boivin, SVP and Chief Branding & Communications Officer for Manulife Financial. "We're delighted that BlackBerry has increased their involvement in the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic this year and welcome their commitment to further engage the local community in the tournament."
The BlackBerry Community Program will include the following initiatives:
· The BlackBerry Junior Golf Clinic, Tuesday June 11, will invite a select group of junior golfers to participate in a golf clinic featuring the 2012 Manulife Financial LPGA Classic champion Brittany Lang on the driving range at Grey Silo.
· On July 7, a BlackBerry Community Event will see representatives from the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic and BlackBerry host a public celebration for the Region in Waterloo Town Square. This family-friendly event will feature ticket giveaways, children's activities, giveaways of BlackBerry devices, games and other activities to help generate excitement about the upcoming Manulife Financial LPGA Classic.
· The BlackBerry Welcome Area will be open to the public, and will offer demos of the new BlackBerry® Z10 and BlackBerry® Q10 smartphones, and the opportunity to talk to technical representatives, as well as charging stations and other rewards for BlackBerry smartphone customers.
· Throughout the tournament, The BlackBerry Family Zone will feature a variety of kid-friendly, family-focused activities that will be available on the tournament grounds. The area will be set up near the main entrance, adjacent to Admissions. Families can look forward to such activities as: mini-putting, face-painting, bouncy castles and more!
· Keep Moving for Heart Health, presented by BlackBerry and developed in conjunction with St. Mary's General Hospital Foundation, will offer event-goers a pedometer to track their steps as they move about Grey Silo, encouraging them to take their first steps to heart health at the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic. Event-goers and enthusiasts can look forward to witnessing the total number of kilometers walked rise daily thanks to updates on-course and in media releases.
· Once again, BlackBerry customers will receive tournament updates through the BBM Friends Updates initiative, a tournament specific BBM group while on-site - a program that was launched in 2012 and will be enhanced for 2013. This on-site messaging program is designed to enhance the event experience, and gives BlackBerry customers a direct connection to sponsor messaging, on-site activities and contests, upcoming schedules, weather information, and more.
"We're proud to again be associated with this exciting world class event, and are pleased to have the opportunity to build on our involvement after last year's tournament," says Andrew MacLeod, Managing Director for Canada at BlackBerry. "This year, we're extending our support beyond a sponsorship by offering a number of ways for people of every age in our community to get involved and celebrate that this world-class golf event is taking place in our backyard."
"The Manulife Financial LPGA Classic is thrilled for BlackBerry to be a major part of the tournament for its second year," says Tournament Director Richard Kuypers. "Not only are we fortunate to have the backing of BlackBerry, the tournament is excited to announce BlackBerry as our presenting partner. We have received incredible feedback and support from this Region, and with the help of BlackBerry, a number of exciting enhancements will come to life at the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic this year."
The Manulife Financial LPGA Classic will be held from Monday, July 8 to Sunday, July 14 for its second year at Grey Silo Golf Course in Waterloo, Ontario. Tickets start at $30 and kids 15 and under are free with a ticketed adult. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.manulifeclassic.ca.