Next Velocity Find Finals
Waterloo - The 10 finalists for the Velocity Fund $25K have been chosen! The pitches look to be incredibly varied this year, from electric shuttles to lead generation software to auto IoT to air compression tech in workout equipment.
Here are the top 10 finalists for the Spring 2015 Velocity Fund $25K:
· Black Box Technology Using nanotechnology, Black Box Technology is creating an optical fingerprint for authentication and the prevention of counterfeiting.
· Grasp - Grasp is a biometric bike lock that secures a bike in seconds and is easily managed through the Grasp software platform and app.
· Knote - Knote has developed a natural language processing and artificial intelligence-based system to eliminate the frustrations of note taking and studying.
· Lani If you have a 3D print job to do, Lani analyzes and estimates prices and shows you all available printers depending on the quality and materials you have selected.
· Marangoni Optics Marangoni is implementing a novel process control method for electronics component fabrication.
· OneSet OneSet users share, like, follow and engage with each other’s content and the app provides a simple on-the-go solution for new workouts and workout ideas.
· PneuEquip - PneuEquip is building compact and safe workout equipment for condo/apartment residents that relies on air pressure to mimic traditional plate weight.
· Sales Ninja - The #1 door to door sales productivity suite for collecting lead information and store it in the cloud. The app gamifies internal sales competition to keep teams motivated and engaged.
· Site2Site The Site2Site mobile platform takes field information from mobile employees and integrates it with payroll and job reporting. The platform collects and analyzes data to create an editable ready-to-send invoice.
· Varden Labs Ideal for business campuses and private residences, Varden Labs is creating electric shuttles that capture the benefits of autonomous vehicles in more controlled environments.
Save The Date:
Thursday, July 23, 2015, Great Hall at the Student Learning Centre, University of Waterloo:
· 11 a.m. 10 teams compete for three $5,000 prizes
· 1 p.m. 10 teams compete for four $25,000 prizes. One additional prize of $10,000 will be awarded to the strongest hardware winner.
Judges for the competitions are:
Velocity Fund $25K:
· Karamdeep Nijjar, Venture Capitalist, iNovia Capital
· JS Cournoyer, Co-Founder, Real Ventures
· Mike Stork, President, Stork Holdings
· Ted Livingston, CEO, Kik Interactive
Velocity Fund $5K:
· Wayne Chang, Alumni Council, University of Waterloo
· Steve McCartney, VP Startup Services, Communitech
· Andrew Jackson, VP Client Services, Accelerator Centre