Show and Tell
Waterloo Engineering researchers to showcase innovations at public event
WATERLOO - Some of the brightest minds in the faculty of engineering at the University of Waterloo will be showcasing their leading-edge research Wednesday, Dec. 7 on the main Waterloo campus.
More than 40 exhibits will be displayed from 4 to 7 p.m. on the third floor of the Engineering 5 building. The public event will include demonstrations of:
• mechatronic devices used in planetary rovers and sports engineering
• adhesive technology that mimics a gecko’s footpad
• equipment used to monitor and better understand early embryo development and cancer metastases
• projects related to hybrid-electric vehicle development
• thin-walled steel crush tube testing for automatic crash resistance
More than 150 representatives from industry will attend the event to identify collaborative research opportunities.
The showcase is open to the public and free of charge. Pre-registration is required at: www.engineering.uwaterloo.ca/research/weinnovate.php or by calling 519-888-4567 ext. 32060.
WE Innovate is organized by the Waterloo Engineering research office and sponsored by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC).
For directions, parking and more information, visit http://www.engineering.uwaterloo.ca/research .